Pages

May 10, 2019

Movie Review


Save the Last Dance

Related imageSave the Last Dance was mad in 2001, the movie was directed by Thomas Carter. The main characters in the movie were Julia Stiles who played as and Sean Patrick Thomas who played as. This movie was about a small town girl that had to pack up and move in with her father after her mother died in a car accident. She falls in love with this African American guy that shares the same love for dance that goes to her new high school. They face problems that go with in an interracial relationship but they figure it together at the end of the day. Susan Stark a reviewer from Rotten Tomatoes writes “It pays knowing respect not only to high school social politics, but also racial politics among today’s young people.” The movie was nominated for many awards they won was Breakthrough Male Performance, Best Kiss, Film Choice Actress, Film Choice Breakout Performance, Film Choice Fight Scene, and Standout Performance Male. When I first seen this movie I never once took my eyes of the screen it was so great. This movie was the first introduce me to interracial love. It showed me that some people will accept and some won’t. It also showed me that some may also try to ruin it if you don’t be careful. When watching this movie the movie had some little glitches I think if anything they could fix in the movie I would want to it to be the glitches other than that I am very pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment